Good Morning Dear Readers,
As I am talking to ya all this morning, it’s not HOT yet, it’s 75. I love 75, but as the week goes on it is going to get cooking, 111 by Sunday. UGH. But, yes it’s a dry heat!!!! Whoever made that one up kills me. Any way you look at it it’s HOT. Here is my list on how to survive the HEAT in Arizona.
- Pretend you are a Mermaid.
- Go to the pool.
- Stay inside.
- Run your A/C so you don’t even care how much the bill is.
- Read a book.
- Take a nap.
- Binge watch Netflix.
- Don’t turn on the oven, because it’s like an oven outside.
- Go to the Mall, and I hate the Mall.
- Take an hour drive to the mountains.
- Drink water, drink water, drink water, drink water.
- Don’t watch the news, it will just make you hotter.
- Go to a church to meditate.
- Go to the grocery store.
- Order take out.
- Look on line and plan a pretend trip where it’s cool.
- Fool around on Facebook.
- Do your errands early.
- Don’t cook.
- Write a blog.
So that’s my list and I am sticking to it. How do ya all get through the heat?????? Please share your tips with me because I feel like summer here is the most oppressive state of mind imaginable.
I do have a trip planned but not until August, I may die of heat by August. I am looking forward to our summer Monsoons. Can’t wait to have rain.
And, life in general. Mermaid life is just fine, very quiet and low key and I guess that is what I need right now. I don’t really have an answer for any of that. I am OK and OK is OK.
Love, Thelma, The Mouthy Mermaid
PS Congrats to Steve Kerr, a hometown BB player. He is starting to remind me of Lute!!!!!!!!!